LORETO BAY MARINE PARK PASSES
BAHIA DE LORETO NATIONAL MARINE PARK PASSES
Mexico requires any person who is not a resident purchase and have with them a Marine Park Pass. If you are a resident, you don't need to purchase a Marine Park Pass, however, you must have your residency card on you.
The marine park pass is required anywhere in the Marine Park. This includes but is not limited to: All the islands and all the beaches from Picazon to Ensenada Blanca. Yes, even in Loreto Bay, you need a marine park pass (its a beach in the marine park).
You need a marine park pass if you are swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, paddle boarding, boating, sailing, fishing etc.
The Mexican Comisión Nacional de Áreas Naturales Protegidas (CONANP) governs the protected biospheres of Mexico and requires visitors who are in these areas for any recreational activities to purchase either a Biosphere Bracelet that is good for one day’s use, or an annual Conservation Passport (good at all National Parks), valid for one year from the date of purchase.
DAILY PASS FOR LORETO BAY MARINE PARK
Daily Marine Park Passes cost about $90 Pesos or $4.50 USD each. You can purchase a daily marine park bracelet at the "Snack Shop" located at the marina. To find the snack shop, walk towards the entrance to the Marina and just before the gate, look to your left.
GET AN ANNUAL PASS FOR LORETO BAY MARINE PARK AND ALL OTHER NATIONAL PARKS IN MEXICO
In or around 2018, The Mexican Gov't created an Annual Conservation Passport. The Conservation Passport now allows you to access any protected area in Mexico, except for Revillagigedo National Park and the Isla Guadalupe Biosphere Reserve.
The cost of the annual pass is $1,500 Pesos or about $75.00 USD.
It is important to mention that in some Localities, in addition to presenting the passport, additional contributions are requested from local communities, since they also represent a form of direct income for them.
Below is a link to a list of all the National Parks this pass covers.
There are two ways to acquire your Passport:
With the mobile application "Conservation Passport", available on the App Store and Google Play. (Through this application you will be able to know basic information of the most representative ANPs, including: what activities can be carried out, their location and contact information for any emergency.)
Entering the website (link is provided below).
STEPS TO GET AN ANNUAL CONSERVATION PASSPORT FROM THE CONANP WEBSITE
Click the button below to access the CONANP website to start the purchase of your annual conservation pass, giving you access to Loreto Bay Marine Park and over a hundred other National Parks.
1. Click "To Access" in the upper right to register.
2. Click "Create a new account"
3. Fill out your information, accept the terms and click "Send."
4. Now sign in to your new account
5. Click "Acquire a new Passport"
6. Enter number of passes. After entering the number the website will automatically calculate the total cost.
7. Enter the required information and upload a picture.
8. You will then be directed to provide payment information.
9. Upon successful payment processing, you will be able to click "My passports."
10. From there you can click you passport to view/save/print.
It is recommended you save this to your phone (Downloaded) so you can access it even if you don't have any cellular connection.
* THIS IS NOT A GOV'T RUN WEBSITE, THE INFORMATION PROVIDED HERE IS TO HELP. PLEASE CONTACT THE APPROPRIATE AGENCY IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS